Freelancing Insurance news page header image

Helpful tips for freelancers and contractors

Which insurances do I need as a freelancer?

There are many different types of insurance. A few of them will be needed when you first start freelancing but as you expand your business you may need to add more.
Which insurances do I need as a freelancer?

We suggest starting with professional indemnity insurance, as a minimum, which covers the risk of being sued if a client deems your advice or work you have carried out to be inadequate. 

You may also need to tell your home insurer and car insurer if you are working from home or using your car for business.  If you visit a client’s premises it is also advisable to have public liability insurance. 

For more information about different types of insurance and whether they apply to you, click here to download your guide.